Translate

Tuesday 28 June 2016

The book of lamentations Chapter 1

 


The book of lamentations 

Chapter 1







1. How lonely sits the city that once was full of people! How like a widow she has become, she that was great among the nations! She that was a princess among the provinces has become a vassal.


(Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 1)




Oh God my Father, as much as the author of the book of Lamentation is expressing his deepest sorrow for Jerusalem and its chosen people who were now in captivity and exile due to their sinful ways, You also express sorrow when we willfully decide to forsake You and Your holy will in order to follow the negative ways of  the world. Oh God, I pray for more conversions and repentance Amen.




2. She weeps bitterly in the night, with tears on her cheeks; among all her lovers she has no one to comfort her; all her friends have dealt treacherously with her, they have become her enemies.



(Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 2)




Oh God my Father I understand the pain You must experience for many of us, for whom You shed Your holy and precious blood in the passion have now turned against You by becoming atheists or have joined other sects and even groups. You love us so much and in turn we deal treacherously with You. We make use of the Roman Catholic Church where the video person has a field day in getting the best scenes on video, the bride and groom and in laws are specially decked from head to toe and then after a short period of time we go back from our marriage promises in Your presence and apply for separation, divorce or even annulment, of that same marriage. Oh God my Father this is also treacherous dealings. Amen



3. Judah has gone into exile with suffering and hard servitude; she lives now among the nations, and finds no resting place; her pursuers have all overtaken her in the midst of her distress.



(Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 3)




Oh God my Father You also feel moved when Your sons and daughters are persecuted because they believe in You, others have innocently had their lives placed in danger also as a cause of their faith in You. many Christians all over the world are being persecuted, however the greatest persecution is internally by other brothers and sisters who although have received Your Word and have given their free consent to follow You at the time of confirmation,  they chose to no longer believe in You. Amen.



4. The roads to Zion mourn for no one comes to the festivals; all her gates are desolate, her priests groan; her young girls grieve and her lot is bitter.



(Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 4)



Oh God my Father, the confessionals wail in pain and anguish for not many people in Church are going to confession to confess their sins, however the main corridor where we come to receive You and the side alleys are crying in pain, for we are growing so fat in sin that when we go for communion we are growing heavier and heavier and the floors have to bear our weight as does the rest of the structure of the Church. Amen how I wish that start a strict diet of my sins and lose some sin weight from my body, which will also do great good to the soul Amen. 



5. Her foes have become the masters, her enemies prosper, because the LORD has made her suffer for the multitude of her transgressions; her children have gone away, captives before the foe.


(Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 5)



Oh God my Father if we do not be careful and watchful over ourselves, our sins which are our deadliest foes may get the better of us and become our masters. If I give in to the lures of a compulsion or an addiction it will start controlling me, thus making me a slave and it will be my master. Therefore I pray for those of us who have already become slaves, so that they will let You be their Master and remove their handcuffs and set them free forever. Amen.   



6. From daughter Zion has departed all her majesty. Her princes have become like stags that find no pasture; they fled without strength before the pursuer.



(Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 6)




Oh God my Father, when we turn away from You in order to live life our way, gradually the quality of our life begins to degenerate until we finally hit rock bottom and maybe just maybe become aware of our sinful self and the situation we are in because of it and finally seek repentance from You.



7. Jerusalem remembers, in the days of her affliction and wandering, all the precious things that were hers in the days of old. When her people fell into the hand of the foe, and there was no one to help her, the foe looked on mocking over her downfall.



(Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 7)



Oh God my Father You would like us to go back in time and remember those moments in our lives, when we had nobody but You! When all and everybody was against us, when others laughed at our failings, however You were always with us during the storm and when the time was according to Your will You delivered us from that circumstance which seemed to have keeping us in our state of Egypt and bondage forever had it not been for You and Your intervention. Therefore we are to stop and give thanks to You my God by clicking on the following link:-


Thank You God reflections



8. Jerusalem sinned grievously, so she has become a mockery; all who honored her despise her, for they have seen her nakedness; she herself groans, and turns her face away.



(Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 8)





 Oh God my Father when we become deep in sin we lose all our dignity so much that those who had previusly looked upon us with praise despise us and are indifferent to us instead of showing mercy on us and our situation. I thank You for not being like the people of the world my God and Father. Bless You Amen.



9. Her uncleanness was in her skirts; she took no thought of her future; her downfall was apalling, with none to comfort her. "O LORD, look at my affliction, for the enemy has triumphed!"



(Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 9)



Oh God my Father when we let the enemy penetrate our thoughts and feelings, the evil spirit does great damage. After having convinced us that we are doing nothing wrong the enemy celebrates a great victory over us and in the end claims our soul in hell.  I pray for protection for I am also a weak person who is prone to sin Amen.



10. Enemies have stretched out their hands over all her precious things; she has even seen the nations invade her sanctuary, those whom you forbade to enter your congregation.


(Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 10)



Oh God my Father when we give the evil one, the opportunity of taking control of our selves, the enemy will wreck our bodies and souls by harming the most precious parts of our being of which the most important is our souls which we are to take care of as much and even more than we take care of our bodies Amen.




11. All her people groan as they search for bread; they trade their treasures for food to revive their strength. Look, O LORD, and see how worthless I have become.



(Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 11)



Oh God my Father, during our times in 2016 Your people are still groaning, some groan for 'legalized Euthanasia' others groaned for divorce and they got it, others groaned for the 'morning after pill' and they got it from the counter as easy as a pain killer. We are always groaning. We are living in an abortive society where the level of depression and a lack of Your presence is so high that many of us are seeking ways to die instead of sustaining our souls and body so as to live. If we had to click on the following link even children are being given the options to chose death over life of which some of them mentioned can be easily done.



Dumb ways to die



Many online games have also the themes of death and violence as being the norm so much that it makes it healthy and according to the norms of the game to kill and destroy. Such patterns can become so accepted especially in children that they can be copied in the real world under the pretence that this is only a game. This is very dangerous and unhealthy. Amen



Oh God my Father, since these times the situation has not changed. Today many people are working in an environment of discontent. Confusion and disorganization is the rule of the day. We trade our treasures and not our surplus. Our souls that are of unlimited value we are trading for the luxuries and values of the world that are taking the priority over Your values as found in the Bible. Have mercy oh God my Father Amen.



12. Is it nothing to you, all who pass by? Look and see if there is any sorrow like my sorrow, which was brought upon me, which the LORD inflicted on the day of his fierce anger.



(Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 12)



Is it nothing to all the people in the world that people are dying in Syria, innocent people who have done nothing wrong to anybody, children dug up from beneath the rubble due to airstrikes. It is surely not the will of God to permit war and death, but that of the evil one who poisons the minds of people in power by persuading them to wage war, so that this evil spirit called satan can claim their souls in hell. The war between God and Satan is in full blast. God is persuading agencies such as UNHCR and other NGO's to give their support, while the devil is persuading authorities to stop refugees from reaching the Mediterranean sea that although is a dangerous escape route it can also mean the beginning of a new life in a safer environment. I pray oh God my Father, that You soften the hearts of people in power and even of others so that we become motivated to open the doors that are being blocked Amen.



13. From on high he sent fire; it went deep into my bones; he spread a net for my feet; he turned me back; he has left me stunned, faint all day long.



(Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 13)





Oh God my Father we feel stunned and even muddled when we do not know why we experience particular events, however, every time I remain amazed at how You also deliver me from different situations. I thank You for loving me so much amen.




14. My transgressions were bound into a yoke; by his hand they were fastened together; they weigh on my neck sapping my strength; the Lord handed me over to those whom I cannot withstand.



(Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 14)




Oh God my Father in order for me to remain in a state of humility and never become judgemental in my attitude towards others, You always make me aware of my sins and weaknesses. This may be why I am not yet free of committing the sins that I do, because if I would be freed I would be indifferent towards others. I thank You therefore for my sins, for they are the means of reminding me that I am human and weak and not superior Amen.




15. The LORD has rejected all my warriors in the midst of me; he proclaimed a time against me to crush my young men; the Lord has trodden as in a wine press the virgin daughter Judah.



(Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 15)




Oh God my Father You love us so much that You would never do such a thing to humanity. I believe that the calamities that we find ourselves in are basically due to wrong decisions that we may have taken or negative actions that others have taken which as a consequence have a negative effect on us. I pray oh God my Father that You continue to defend us from our sinful self.



16. For these things I weep; my eyes flow with tears; for a comforter is far from me, one to revive my courage; my children are desolate, for the enemy has prevailed.



(Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 16)



Many times oh God my Father we may feel alone in our situation, we may also feel that You are nowhere to be seen at a time when we need You most, but in truth You were and are always with us, even though the going became tough and waves started threatening to drown our boats. I thank You for being with us during such moments of crisis, my dear God and Father Amen.



17. Zion stretches out her hands, but there is no one to comfort her; the LORD has commanded against Jacob that his neighbors should become his foes; Jerusalem has become a filthy thing among them.



(Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 17)



Oh God my Father, I totally empathize with Zion, for I am also seeking to love and be loved and accepted for who and what I am and not only as I am expected to be under the condition that I meet all the criteria. I am craving for love as a human but am not finding it.  I thank You God my Father, that at least I have Your love, care, and support, for those who are supposed to be my caregivers have become my foes and utterly despise me. The environment that was supposed to be my habitat has become a wilderness in which I am trapped. Amen.



18.  The LORD is in the right, for I have rebelled against his word; but hear, all you peoples, and behold my suffering; my young women and young men have gone into captivity.



 (Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 18)




Behold my Lord God and Father, I know that You are in the right, and that all righteousness flows from You. I have been trying to obey Your will but I desperately need Your support. I have kept Your word close to my heart but I have become myself a captive in this relationship. I have lost all my happiness and self-esteem. I feel really bad. I pray that You intervene in my life Amen.




19. I called to my lovers but they deceived me; my priests and elders perished in the city while seeking food to revive their strength.



 (Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 19)




Oh God my Father if I had to call on my lovers, only You would listen to me. I have no other love but You my God and Father. Everyone is thriving of the resources that You give me through my work, but I am slowly dying. My strength is slowly ebbing away like the tide. I pray that You deliver me from this depressive state, for although I have the wish, I do not have the strength. Amen.




20. See, O LORD how, distressed I am: my stomach churns, my heart is wrung within me, because I have been very rebellious. In the street the sword bereaves; in the house it is like death.  




(Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 20)




Oh God my beloved Father when one relies on the world one is prone to be disappointed. Today I had to rely on a colleague who I know is totally reliable, however, my body is also giving me messages such as diarrhea that I am not totally at peace by the fact that I had to attend a course instead of being present with my client at hospital. Oh God my Father teach me to place my trust totally in You Amen.




²¹ They heard how I was groaning with no one to comfort me. All my enemies heard of my trouble; they are glad that you have done it. Bring on the day you have announced, and let them be as I am.



(Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 21) 



Oh God my beloved Father, when You were being persecuted at the time of the passion You found no body apart from Your mother and Your apostles to feel compassion for You.  I pray that You free us from our sinful self so that we will care for others in need as much as we would want others to care and support ourselves Amen.



²² Let all their evil doing come before you; and deal with them as you have dealt with me because of all my transgressions; for my groans are many and my heart is faint.




(Book of Lamentations Chapter 1 verse 22)




Oh God my Father let You be the judge over all, You who are aware of all our actions and even the good and bad intentions behind them. May You do me justice and nothing and nobody else Amen.






Oh God my beloved Father, I would like to end the first chapter of the book of Lamentations with the following prayer:-



Oh God my beloved Father I thank You for my past and also for my present. Help me to learn from past, so that I will continue with Your help to build on my good points and reflect on the negative areas so that I can improve and have a better future Amen.








 
 

 
















No comments:

Post a Comment